Engineered Printing Solutions has worked with numerous apparel manufacturers (including non-profits) of T-shirts, underwear, and lingerie in developing tagless operations to identify brands, sizes, and care labels. The elimination of sewn-in tags, a more comfortable ‘feel’, additional branding and short run capabilities by way of custom automation are all reasons tagless printing is growing and here to stay.
- Lower cost than other types of decorating with price per printed label averaging $.002
- Can print one color on top of another, no post-curing time required
- Eliminates purchase of labels from outside source
- No sewn tags to irritate or rub against skin
- Inks have passed major manufacturers’ wash test requirements
- Tagless often advertised as premium feature
- Easy customization and design changes
- No waste by having to pre-stock labels with possible leftovers.