Tech Tip Tuesday: Advantages of Tagless Printing
Engineered Printing Solutions has worked with numerous apparel manufacturers of T-shirts, underwear, and lingerie in developing tagless printing operations to identify brands, sizes, and care labels.
Tagless labeling allows garment manufactures to print directly on the fabric – eliminating the need for sewn-in tags and the cost and labor associated with it.
- Direct Labeling – Fine and detailed printing directly on fabrics.
- High speed productivity – More than 1,000 prints per hour are possible.
- Flexibility – The print can be placed on any part of the garment.
- Global support – We have many successful operations in Asia, Central and South America, Philippines, the USA and many other locations.
Advantages Of Going Tagless
- Lower cost than other types of decorating with price per printed label averaging $.002
- Can print one color on top of another, no post-curing time required
- Eliminates purchase of labels from outside source
- No sewn tags to irritate or rub against skin
- Inks have passed major manufacturers’ wash test requirements
- Tagless often advertised as premium feature
- Easy customization and design changes
- No waste by having to pre-stock labels with possible leftovers.
Equipment Needed To Go Tagless
Our expert teams of engineers and technicians have been involved in the development of “tagless” pad printing for over ten years. We have several pad printers to choose from depending on the size of your image, number of colors and printing volume.
- KP06 – 2Color “RR” or pad shuttle function allows the part to remain stationary as the pads shuttle back and forth for high quality print registration. Available with two 110mm sealed ink cups and a production rate of ± 600 -700 pcs/hr.
- EAZY Series – available with a 90 / 130 or Eazy 160 Pad Printer sealed ink cup. Production rate at 1200 pcs/hr.
- KP05 can be configured as a one or two color printer, tabletop or with an extruded stand, plus other accessories that include a garment rack and a textile anvil. One color printer includes a 90mm sealed cup or two color with two 70mm sealed cups.
All inks are non-toxic and have been certified for 50 plus washes by multiple manufacturers on all common fabrics. The recommended ink PLT6 is compatible with Oeko-Tex® certification.
Check out our Tagless Printing at www.epsvt.com. There you can also find more information about Engineered Printing Solutions custom solutions, standard pad printers, industrial inkjet, consumables and other auxiliary equipment. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-272-7764 if you would like more information.