Technical Service Specialist – Pad Printing Products
Position: Technical Service Specialist – Pad Printing Products
Reports to: Manager of Technical Service
Supervises: Not Applicable
Performs specialized mechanical duties related to the inspection, customization, maintenance and repair of pad printing equipment and machinery. Responsibilities include technical assistance / support for the following: Custom pad development; Custom pad mold production; Cliché testing; Custom fixture design testing; Customer training on machine operation; and check-listing machines for shipment.
- Provides technical support, machine installations and training to customers on-site and over the phone.
- Provides technical assistance to the Pad Department for custom pad development and pad mold manufacturing.
- Assist Plate Department with cliché parameters and artwork proofing.
- Assist in sampling by providing temporary fixtures as required.
- Prepares machines and conducts in-house training for new customers and demonstrations for potential customers.
- Works with Managers of both Production and Engineering to test and critique design of machine fixtures.
- Provides phone assistance to customers in need of product marking technical support.
- Completes other tasks and or assignments as required by management.
- Responsible for the quality and accuracy of own work.
Accountabilities / Scope:
- Interfaces – Customers, Vendors, Technical Service Dept., intra-company personnel, and Management;
- People Managed – None on a direct basis. May be required to provide guidance;
- Decisions – On an as-needed basis; Apply discretion as to limits;
- Impact of Error – Critical; Decisions and actions can cause customer dissatisfaction.
- Competent working knowledge of electro-mechanical technologies, pneumatics, equipment and related applications and processes;
- Familiarity with Durometer settings and Pad chemistry;
- Working knowledge of solvent-based inks;
- Ability to troubleshoot problems and provide solutions;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point);
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds;
Education and or Experience
High school diploma or technical school certificate; Plus 5+ years of manufacturing experience and broad knowledge of machine controls, electrical systems, and tooling;
Apply online by completing the form and attaching your resume below: