Technical Service Specialist – Digital Inkjet Products
Position: Technical Service Specialist – Digital Inkjet Products
Reports to: Manager of Technical Service
Supervises: Not Applicable
Responsibilities include technical assistance support for custom digital printing applications; fixture design and testing, contract sample printing; sample request printing; customer training on machine operations, print machine installation, and check-listing machines for shipment.
- Provides technical support to customers and internal personnel,
- Installs customer machines on customer premises;
- Provides training to customers on site and over the phone, documenting activity in ACT!;
- Ensures that completion of ink testing and reporting of results in writing to customers follows the sample schedule timely;
- Ensures that samples are accurately completed and in a timely manner, which includes proper written documentation on required forms;
- Prepares machines for, and conducts in-house training for new customers;
- Conducts machine demonstrations for prospective customers;
- Travels to Trade Shows and conducts trade show demonstrations;
- Provides technical assistance to all other department managers and personnel regarding digital inkjet machines;
- Complete other tasks as identified and required by management.
Accountabilities / Scope:
- Interfaces – Customers, Vendors, Technical Service Dept., intercompany personnel, and Management;
- People Managed – None on a direct basis. May be required to provide guidance;
- Decisions – On an as-needed basis; Apply discretion as to limits;
- Impact of Error – Critical; Decisions and actions can cause customer dissatisfaction.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Competent working knowledge of electro-mechanical technologies, equipment and related applications and processes;
- Competent knowledge of digital image creation;
- Working knowledge of digital and UV cured inks;
- Competent knowledge for providing solutions to complex problems;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point);
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds.
Education and / or experience:
Minimum of an Associate’s Degree and 5-plus years of experience in a technical printing environment where effective personnel interface is common-place; Must be able and willing to work with minimal supervision.
Apply online by completing the form and attaching your resume below: