Position: Sales Engineer
Reports to: VP of Sales
Supervises: Not Applicable
Responsible for prospecting for potential new customers, generating sales leads and follow up activity including closing the deal and coordinating implementation, conducting regular sales calls for existing customer base in assigned territory (inside and outside sales).
- Maintains and updates a list of prospective customers for use as sales leads;
- Travels (approximately 25%) throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit business;
- Promotes products and services through sales presentations, trade shows and customer visits;
- Proposes product marking solutions using the various products the company offers;
- Quotes prices and payment terms;
- Prepares sales contracts and machine specification design forms for orders obtained;
- Prepares and submits weekly activity reports detailing customer visits and sales results;
- Handles customer issues and concerns, referring more complex technical issues to Technical Service Group;
- Attends industry trade shows, participates in industry seminars to stay abreast of new developments and products;
- Maintains a current CRM database for management review and follow-up;
- Completes other tasks and or assignments as required by management.
- Responsible for the quality and adequacy of own work.
Interfaces: Customers, Prospects, Intercompany personnel, and occasionally Vendors
People Managed: Nobody direct but may provide guidance and advice to others.
Decisions: Incumbent is empowered to make certain decisions following prescribed procedures.
Impact of Error: Direct contribution to goals, strategy and financial results of the organization. Impact is on financial contributions to specific sales activities.
- Strong working knowledge of manufacturing processes and a variety of industry specific production methodologies;
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, time management, and communication skills;
- Ability to communicate and negotiate effectively, both written and verbal both with external customers and internal colleagues
- Ability to use computerized systems and applications;
- Knowledge of products, accessories and services, related technologies, equipment and their associated applications and processes;
- Ability to understand customer’s operational work flow and develop solutions to provide value-added benefit;
- Microsoft Office software; Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- CRM Software: Sage ACT!, Sales Force,
- Cost estimating/quoting.
- Ability to conceptualize and solve complex problems;
- Maintains accurate and complete records.
Education and or Experience
- BA or BS in Business or Marketing, with 5-7 years sales experience;
- Knowledge of Pad Printing, Off-set printing, and Digital Ink-Jet printing technology highly desirable
Apply online by completing the form and attaching your resume below: