Machine Shop & Assembly Manager
Position: Machine Shop & Assembly Manager
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Supervises: Machine Assembly/ Machine Shop
Responsible for planning and scheduling the machine assembly department to ensure that scheduled delivery dates are met.
- Process and review work orders, ensuring adequate inventory, capacity planning and delivery requirements are
- Expedites and/or reschedules orders in conjunction with Operations Coordinator and Tech Service to adjust to
Production Schedule changes.
- Oversees the manufacture of customized machine orders, ensures that work order procedures and testing are
completed as required, and taking appropriate action on all work orders to ensure On-Time delivery.
- Monitors and assigns daily work activities of Machine Assembly and Machine shop; ensures schedule visibility to
other departments as required.
- Works with Engineering & Operations Coordinator to determine technical requirements for machine and fixture
- Participate in Project Design Reviews to understand scope of projects and ensure that designs meet best practice
requirements for easy assembly, access, quality and maintenance.
- Oversees coordination of materials, parts and tool procurement for new projects.
- Generates & leads strategic workflow improvement initiatives to reduce assembly lead times, maximize use of floor space, and reduce material costs. • Works with Purchasing to ensure best price, appropriate delivery times, while incorporating JIT/Lean practices.
- Works with Shipping/receiving dept. to ensure that staging after receipt of both machined parts and OEM components are staged accurately for all work orders and that BOM lists are checked and maintained to accurately show what subassemblies components etc are received or still waiting to be received.
- Works with Engineering and other departments to ensure that quality control standards are maintained and that all components coming in from outside and internal areas of manufacture are checked to ensure they meet or exceed quality standards set.
- Responsible for maintaining 5S for assembly; including, but not limited to tools, hardware, components, and building materials.
- Responsible for the quality and accuracy of own work and the work of assembly and Machine shop personnel.
- Completes performance reviews of all direct reports and submits results to the CEO.
- Works with the assembly team on a hands on basis both to demonstrate correct techniques and assist with functional work.
- Coordinates with other departments to ensure best utilization of human resources based upon work load and needs of the various departments such as Tech service, Engineering and Machine assembly.
Accountabilities / Scope:
- Interfaces: Manager, peers, manufacturing personnel, engineers, customers.
- People Managed: 5-10
- Decisions: Incumbent is empowered to make certain decisions following prescribed procedures.
- Impact of Error: Impact on incoming purchased material, the design, production and service processes and the ability to deliver product to the customer.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong knowledge of all product lines;
- Knowledge of good manufacturing practices;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Ability to use computerized systems and applications.
Education and / or experience:
Associates degree in a technical discipline or equivalent with 10 years experience in production management.
Apply online by completing the form and attaching your resume below: