At Engineered Printing Solutions, we produce and stock all of the commonly used pads—cylindrical, square, linear, or compound. We also offer hollow pad, dual-durometer pads that wrap a product 180 degrees as well as custom design and manufacturing if your job requires something unique.
Our Customer Service Department is available to help you select the proper design or shape and hardness for a particular job if you need assistance.
All EPS printing pads are carefully inspected prior to shipment to ensure that the surface of the pad promotes complete ink transfer from the pad to the substrate.
The pad is made with special silicone rubber with the following characteristics:
- Excellent absorption and detachment of the ink; perfect transposition of the image to be printed
- Tear strength and resistance to solvents and inks; pad long life
- Hardness and form stability; possibility of being used several times
- Easy to be cleaned; quick maintenance
The choice of the pad depends on many elements, including the following:
- Shape of the printing surface: flat or uneven
- Dimension of the printing surface: printing area
- Type of printing surface: smooth, rough, etc.
- Number of the colors to be printed
These elements determine the pad’s size, shape and hardness (expressed in durometer). Our pads are available in durometer ranges between 10 and 80.
- The size of the pad depends on the printing surface.
- It is necessary to use pads whose dimensions are at least 20% greater than the printing area.